Re: AVTS software and Win98

> Whit is not in because of Canada Day.  Just to be clear, an install of the
> AVTSIS 3.6.1 on a clean Win98 box does not work?  If not, what exactly are
> the symptoms?  Still vbajet32.dll?  I think this will be news to Whitman,
> because he was installing 3.6.1 on fresh 98 boxes yesterday.

Yes,

Still vbajet32.dll still refuses to work with the current AVTS 3.6.1
release.  It was only after we installed the mdac drivers that the AVTS
could download an election.

There's been some confusion as to which version of win98 they have in
Vancouver.  It would probably be prudent to get Vancouver a new AVTS with
win98 asap so they can reproduce what is shipping out of McKinney.

> I don't yet know whether all of mdac will be required.  I would be
suprised
> if it is, since ODBC ships with 98.  Still, I don't know exactly what
> packages are installed on the machines that are being built.  If at the
end
> of the day it is required, it will be part of the InstallShield package
just
> like GEMS.  I hope that will not be necessary though.
>
> Rob, can you track down (ie buy) a copy of 98 and try doing your own fresh
> install, then install 3.6.1, and see if it works?

apparently Jeff Hintz is getting a new AVTS with win98 Monday-Tuesday?
Perhaps he can go through the install with the new 3.6.1.

rob