ms access

Hello.  I have recently installed the new MS Access from Office 2000.  For the most part, Access is able to open the .mdb files with no problem except for the template file, election.mdb.  Whenever, I tried openning this file Access would complain and say something like, "Current user don't have permission to convert or enable this database".  I looked under the Help and followed the instructions to join a workgroup but that still doesn't help.  Dmitry has Office 2000 installed on his machine as well and I have asked him to try openning election.mdb and he encountered the same problem.  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong, anybody?  Thanks.