From: Guy Lancaster <glanca@gesn.com>
To: Support <support@gesn.com>
Date: Friday, October 08, 1999 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: 128K Eproms

As I understand it, version 2.0 Accu-Vote firmware will require 2 each 128K EPROM's.  Is it possible to download earlier firmware versions (1.94, 1.92, etc.) onto the 128K format?  Or will we need to maintain a supply of 32K EPROM's and 28 pin clock chips to support those users who do not wish to upgrade?
  Yes, V2  of the Precinct Count firmware will require 2 128K EPROMs.  Yes it would be possible to download pre-V2 firmware versions onto 128K EPROMs (in fact 1.94 would fit on a single 128K EPROM).  No we won't need a supply of 28 pin clock chip sockets because the 32 pin versions will support both the 64K and the 128K EPROMs.  However, I expect that we will have a surplus of 64K EPROMs and 28 pin clock chip sockets resulting from field upgrades so we will likely use those in cases where we don't need the larger chips.

              Guy