AVTS Manager Card Wiped Out

Marin was closing one of their four ballot stations at the end of the day.  They were using a manager card and had closed three down already.  On the fourth one, instead of bringing up the manager admin screen as it did with the others..... I swear.....it brought up a ballot.  They then went to the end of the ballot and cancelled it.  They then reinserted the manager card and it no longer had any functioning at all, light on reader just cycled.  I got another manager card and closed unit down.  This brings up the following questions:
1) Has this happened to anyone else?
2) How do I create more manager cards?
3) Can cards be "broken" or do you just reburn them like a memory card?
Thanks