Modem signal changes in GEMS

Can anyone find the email that describes a change in the way GEMS handles modem signals??  Fresno's 8 line Digi modems connected to DigiBox were working in other elections.  The modems are dropping the call, but GEMS is not resetting the modems.  They have very good folks on site and need some help.  I believe Mike will be calling them this AM, but I thought I remember a change in the way GEMS handles the signal.  Could this be impacting them??  Thanks