Re: Accu-Votes failure in relation to temperature

From our (manufacturing/shipping) experience, the cold has never been associated with introducing fragility into the unit.  Most of our shipments experience cold weather, be it in the belly of a plane at 30,000 feet or in the back of a truck in the middle of a MidWest winter.

Ian
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2000 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: Accu-Votes failure in relation to temperature

Larry: The units being acceptance tested were inside for 24 hours before the first test. They had been inside for 48 hrs plus prior to the second test. Is there a chance that the cold makes the read heads extremely fragile, and normal shipping procedures could then damage them?
Thanks: Don

Larry Dix wrote:

Don –

I would hope that having them inside for 24 hours before testing would eliminate the temperature issue.I believe that this is indicative of the problem that is popping up in many locations and not related to temperature.

Larry J. Dix

Global Election Systems

(972)-542-6000