RE: Puerto Rico - Central Count

This was only for the fist day.  We did not start doing the process until
about 10:00 a.m.  Then we stopped for lunch about 11:30 A.M. until 1:00
p.m.  Then continued processing until 4:30 p.m.  We also have to stop after
every set of units processed to do reporting, which means that if only 1
operator is still processing a unit from that set, then all other machines
are idle.  Remember that this is a learning experience for them.  The way
that they process the ballots is slow, we probably are only using the
Accu-Vote units about half of this time, the rest is involved with the
processing of the boxes, ballots, and paper work.  I have not talked with
Juan yet today, to see how they did, but they should have been able to at
least double or triple that 14,000 ballots today.  I am going to give Juan
a call right now, and he will also see this e-mail and hopefully respond.
 As for the typical speed for processing central count via hand input, I do
not have the answer, but does anyone???