Fresno

I received call from Susan Anderson, County Clerk and registrar of Fresno.  Here is some of what she told me.  She expects, as does Marin that some of these issues will be resolved for November.

1. 37 United "failed" or were pulled out of the field.  Of the 20 they checked 4 or 5 had paper jammed in
    the unit.  While the others would not read ballots (Mike checked them according to Susan).  They
    will give us further info and breakdown on these later.

2.  12 Memory cards had to be programmed.

3.  30% of the Vote Centers called in due to the AccuVote stopping and needed to have power recycled
    Many units had this occur throughout the day.

4.  The SOS Export took 50 minutes to execute and brought the Java Script Reporting system to a halt.
    The same thing happened in Santa Barbara where it took 30 minutes to run.  In Marin it took 14 minutes
    but I wasn't running the JavaClient and didn't run the Export during counting.

    Also the export didn't work they said - because the party totals didn't add up to the votes cast numbers.
    I don't understand this and it may not be the program at all, since we used it in Marin, etc.

    However in Marin, the Precicnts Counted totals did not work and had to be manually changed in the
    text file.  This caused Santa Barbara problems as well.