Re: AVTS Early Voting

It's no bother to stock the hubs, I was just curious if they were really necessary.  It sounds like they are being used like a crossover cable adapter.  It's probably better to use the hubs, especially for larger accounts (and probably smaller ones too), so they can attach more than one AV-TS unit to the host computer (multiple downloads).

Ian
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: AVTS Early Voting

Also, do you really need a 4 port Ethernet hub to connect a Ballot Station to a host computer, or can you just connect it directly? I think the cost of the hub is so low that we should allow for other needs.  Personal Opinion.
  There is a cable available to directly connect 2 devices (a "null-hub" cable?) although it may not be commonly available (I got one with my cable modem).  Ian, you may wish to consider stocking a few of these if hubs are a bother.

           Guy