RE: City of Barrie, Canada - AVTS units

Date and Time Setting:
That won't be a problem as long as we are building units toward a specific order.  If we are building to stock, then we do not know where the product is to be delivered, so it will set for CST.

Network Cords:
The network cords are now routed so as to not interfere with the floppy drive access door.  They sit down and to the left of the rear access area with a shortened length of cable.  This network jack has been an exercise of frustration.  If we shorten up the cable to reduce interference with the power switch and floppy drive, then we make it more difficult to access the network jack.  If we lengthen the cable to make it easier to access the network jack, then we create interference with the power switch and floppy drive.  The design of this unit does not appear to allow an uncompromised solution.  Suggestions are welcome.

Rubber Strips:
The plastic coatings are not guaranteed to stay on; they are only a protective cover for the foam surface.  It appears that high ambient temperature and the pressure of the doors sealed against the chassis cause the smooth surface of the strip to stick to the painted, textured surface of the chassis.  We are trying to source an alternate material to replace this part.  When we have found a satisfactory replacement, we will issue an ECO for existing equipment and future production.  Until then, we will leave the protective plastic strip on the foam surface, but this is only a temporary solution.

Ian
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: August 28, 2000 10:58 AM
To: Support Team (E-mail)
Subject: City of Barrie, Canada - AVTS units

Just a couple of added suggestions for when the AVTS units are sent to a customer.  It would be nice if the Date & Time were set according to where they are shipped.  I had to change all the AVTS units to be Eastern Time and change the time ahead 1 hour.  The Network cords that come out of the back of the unit should be pushed up and out of the way of the disk drive.  Also, the 2 doors with the rubber tape attached should have the plastic coating stay attached, so as the doors do not seal shut.  I had to pry open most all the doors with a screwdriver, and then reattach the rubber strips.  There were a couple of machines that had the plastic coating over the rubber strips still attached, and those doors did not stick.

Just some ideas for the future.

Jeff Hintz
Global Election Systems