What's this Help Desk software database?

Larry Dix wrote:
There is no record of this at the company level with this information, but I agree there should be.This will be provisions for this information in the new Help Desk software database.That really does not help us for this election, but is planned to be in place in the future.

  You've piqued my interest.  What's this Help Desk software database?  What kind of data will it store?  Who will have access to it?  How can we contribute to it?

  I'm rather curious because I looked in to setting up such a beast eons ago when we were using dumb terminals hanging off of minicomputers.  The options were too expensive at the time.  I'm very glad to hear that it's actually happening.  :-)

          Guy