Re: Having two ballot sizes for the same ballot information

Ian, you may want to talk with Jeff Dean of Spectrum regarding what he's found with 18" BOD.  He may have some further thoughts or experience with this.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 10:46 AM
Subject: RE: Having two ballot sizes for the same ballot information

The reason I ask has to do with BOD.  We are having no luck in finding an off-the-shelf laser printer that can do 18" ballots.  Yes, you can put 18" paper into a manual input tray, but usually the duplexers will only handle a 17" maximum.

On the other hand, there are quite a few laser printers off-the-shelf that can do 11" and 14" ballots.  Ballot costs can be kept down if election day voting ballots can be printed on 18" paper (if necessary), but for BOD, they would have to print multiple 11" or 14" ballots on an available BOD laser printer.

Any other views or comments?

Ian