From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: November 01, 2000 4:52 PM
To: support@gesn.com
Subject: RE: New AVTS units - Card reader questions

Actually, the very first Kiosks created by I-Mark had card readers like ATM machines.  You inserted your card into the AVTS unit and the card disappeared, then when you were done voting the AVTS unit ejected your card back to you.  The later models incorporated the card readers that you have seen on the black AVTS units and the blue and white AVTS units; partially external and able to lock.  I believe that these card readers were incorporated into the later models for the purpose of cost, space, and weight.  I am not sure if there are any card readers like what ATM machines utilize that will meet our needs for cost, space, and weight.