Re: Central Count

When the reader doesn't calibrate on the leading edge of the ballot, the reader sends zeros to the data stream as it is supposed to.

Right.  The readers fail to calibrate on perfectly good ballots.  Often.
You'd think Global could handle a simple thing like that with its central count firmware as it has done with its precinct count firmware (PC 1.94p and greater).

Tell me how you would like us to handle a stream of 0s from perfectly good ballots, and I'll make the firmware change monday.  I think you'll find its pretty hard to determine voter intent from a stream of 0s.  Except in Florida perhaps.
It sounds like we should be sacrificing to the gods to save us from our software.

The gods would settle for working readers.

Ken