FW: Cards Cast, Ballots Cast, and Times Counted

-----Original Message-----
From: Beth Kish [mailto:bkish@cobbcounty.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 12:32 PM
To: McLaurinJ; Tyler
Subject: Re: Cards Cast, Ballots Cast, and Times Counted

Tyler,
I understand your answer, but it doesn't seem to explain the discrepancy in
this case.  There was only 1 card to each ballot.

I am attaching the database.  This was a recount in only 1 district.
Georgia law does not allow the "program" to be changed, so all the base
precincts and all the races are still there, and we just report on the one
race in the one district.  To recreate what I have printed, go to the SOVC.
In Districts select "32nd House", in Reporting sets select "Recount 32nd
House".  Then under show, select everything.  On mine, Cards Cast is 12,424
and Times Counted is 12,422.  The higher number is "correct", i.e. matches
the Accu-Vote tapes.  The lower number is what prints on the Summary
reports, and therefore I can't release them until I get this figured out.
Thank you very much for your help!