Happy Thankgiving

Maybe you’ve seen this list of blessing before, if not Happy Thanksgiving One and All:

I am thankful….

For the teenager who is complaining about doing the dishes

Because it means she is at home and not on the streets.

For the taxes I pay, Because it means that I am employed

For the mess to clean up after a party, because it means that

I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug,

Because it means I have enough to eat.

For the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and

Gutters that need fixing because they mean I have a home.

For all the complaining I hear about the government,

Because it means we have freedom of speech.

For the huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.

For the lady behind me in church who sings off key, because

It means I can hear.

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of a day,

Because it means I have been productive.

For my shadow that watches me work, because it means

I am out in the sunshine.

For the alarm that goes off way to early in the morning,

Because it means there is new day to explore

For all of my coworkers  and customers who busy my day,

Because it means I am needed.

And finally, I am thankful for my faith and the opportunity to practice it without reservation    .