Re: Absentee Header Cards? for GEMS

> I wonder, though, how these ballots get physically sorted out by precinct
> when they return.

The abs. envelopes will be run thru a high speed sorter which reads the bar code on the envelope and sorts by precinct.

What you have gained in logistics on the front end you
> just lost on the back end.

By getting sorted absentee envelopes automatically, you haven't lost anything.

 > That notwithstanding, can you give us an idea of the time/money savings
> Alameda is going to recognize by loading fewer groups into the inserter?

The sorting is part of the total cost to the county of $.65 per absentee ballot for processing.