RE: California March Closed (???) (was RE: California Open Primary Option (2002) in Gems for AVTS)

From: Ken Clark [mailto:ken@gesn.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 9:59 AM
Okay, make sure you have whomever is running this show set up a test database so you know well in advance that GEMS is going to do what you want.  Don, I ask again, who is that person.  It sounds like it can be done with a vgroup1 set up for the parties, and a vgroup2 set up for "declared" and "declined to state", but this person needs to hit the keys and find out.

Hmmm, crap.   I can save them the trouble.  It isn't going to work:  the AVTS doesn't currently know about vgroup2, only vgroup1 (aka party).  This will need to be addressed by 2002.

Ken