Ballot Station Software 3.13.8 or higher to support 4KBit Smart Cards.

Just discovered (thru testing) that the ballot station software has to be updated to 3.13.8 or higher to support the new 4KBit smart cards.

According to Ian, LA will be getting a batch of these 4KBit smart cards for the April 2001 election if they are certified by the development team.   I think Alameda will also be getting a batch for their upcoming April 2001 election.   If this is the case, we'll have to update our ballot station software to 3.13.8 or higher or use 128KBit cards.