RE: Time differences for Vote Centers for Master database & backup - DuPage County

Educated guess:  Backup the database, change the time zone on your computer, and then load it.  I would not be surprised if that changes the local time reported, but I have never tried.

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 3:52 PM
To: Support Team (E-mail)
Subject: Time differences for Vote Centers for Master database & backup - DuPage County

Tom Schuhler from GBS has reported this to me, and also forwarded on to me the master database & the backup database.  I am not sure how it was done, but no matter how much I try, I cannot duplicate the problem.  The master database was uploaded with all the results from the AccuVote units, and have recorded times after 20:00 hours.  However, Tom says that they did a backup afterwards, loaded that backup onto their other Gems computer, and when they went to the recorded times for the Vote Centers, those times started at 14:00 hours.  Does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks,

Jeff Hintz
Global Election Systems