Re: Alameda Oakland Election April 17

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 3:31 AM
Subject: Alameda Oakland Election April 17

Alameda would like to transfer results from their remote "drop off site" to the host computer in Oakland on election night.   Does pollbook have to hang up the phone if I'm loading 27 polling locations?  I'm assuming it does when I leave the application to reload new center.  Just want confirmation.  I'll tell them No if this is case.

Yes, the current PollBook does hang-up the phone when the results are finished transferring.
Tab, is this handled in the new version, such that SEND RESULTS device (journada or ballot station) could be used to transmit multiple polling place results without hanging up or leaving pollbook function?
Yes, the new version of BallotStation and Precinct Control Center (PCC), the new name for the PollBook, does allow for multiple memory card uploads without hanging up the phone.

Tab