RE: Ballot provided for certification

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Greg Forsythe
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 11:23 AM

The fourth race has 24 candidates and a vote for ten.  Kinda screws up the rows.  The sample ballot has two rows of ten and one row of four.  Then one row of 10 write-ins.  I do not know how to do this!

In the fourth race, you have created four vgroup, conservative2, conservative3, conservative4, and writein5.  You assigned rows 2, 3, 4, and 5 to these respectfully.  This leaves rows 0, and 1 empty in that race.  If you turn on "full grid" you can see the empty rows clearly.  I assume by "screwed up", what you are trying to say is that you do not want these two empty rows.  To do this, change the row assignments to 0, 1, 2, 3.

Looking at the ballot, though, it isn't actually a fixed row layout.  Fixed means you assign a row to each party.  There is only one party here, conservative.  You can lay it out as fixed by abusing the voter groups, but this ballot doesn't really fit the model.  Probably better to lay it out row/flow and use a few header candidates in this case.  Probably.  As an aside, the first race is a vote for one, but you have two write-in positions.

I hope the support group understands that laying out these ballots is going to be a massive effort if we get one of these accounts.  Now, don't get me wrong.  Its all doable, and I am sure a large group of people is getting paid well to do all this work in New York right now.   But it is going to require a different pricing model from our traditional GEMS layout, where you click the generate button and then drive to 'Tees.

Ken