Spyrus vs. R6 smart card compatibility issues

The AVTS 4.1.x releases have a pre-election function to create smart cards.  This uses a new smart card format that is not currently supported by the 0.2.x Spyrus Smart Card manager.

The R6 AVTS 4.1.x releases are, however, capable of reading smart cards created with 3.13.9.2 Poll Book.  So, if you download your vote center to 3.13.9.2 Poll Book, you can create the master cards used to load the Spyrus, and then use the Spyrus created cards with R6 AVTS.

Hopefully this clears up some confusion (I know it did for me).

Ken