Re: XML files

John or Ken, given the article Ken indicated to look at, which I thought was pretty informative, why would a county want to use XML?  If XML is designed specifically to allow users the flexibility to implement their own "document types" and we are using simple postscript text type reporting functions, what would be the purpose of using XML?
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Clark
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 3:45 PM
Subject: RE: XML files

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of John McLaurin
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 3:14 PM

Does VTS or GEMS support the exporting of files in XML format.

No.

Apparently this will be a new requirement in FL for certified systems.

That would suprise me, but okay.  Who is going to define the tags?  Paul Craft?  (snorts)

My understanding is that XML is a higher lever HTML file?

I wouldn't call it that.  Here is the FAQ.

Ken