Downloading to R-6 unit via serial cable

I have a R-6 unit that was just shipped to me.  I have deleted the election that was currently on the PCMCIA card, and now it is ready to download from my host computer.  When I goto download from the host computer with GEMS 1.17.13, it gives me the message Windows CE is not found on this computer, continue to download.  I say Yes, then goto the R-6 unit that connected via serial cable, and say OK, then just sits there saying Connecting to Host.  Since I am not familiar with the downloading process with a R-6 unit from the GEMS host computer via serial cable, could someone give me some help as to what I do not have set up correctly.

Thanks,

JEFF HINTZ
Global Election Systems