Re: Write-in after candidates on AVOS ABasic reports (was: customer questions)

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Clark
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 11:18 AM
Subject: RE: customer questions

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of John McLaurin
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 10:55 AM

 2)  changing the order on the results tape where write ins appear - currently write ins appear first on the tape, it would be nice if the write ins could appear last

Does anyone know if we have an .abo that approximates this?  It would probably not be too hard to make an .abo that puts the write-in stats line after the candidate.

No, I don't believe that we have done one like this yet although this is not the first time that it has been requested.

It wouldn't be hard to do.  We need an RCR that specifies whether this is to be a new report or a modification of a current report.  If it's new, what current one do we base it on and who is it for?

There is a problem however with vote-for-more-than-one.  The AVOS only tracks the total number of write-ins in a race.  No stats are kept for each write-in position, so there is no way to put the total for each write-in position on the report.

This hasn't been an issue for basic vote-for-many races.  It would of course be important if we wanted partisan write-in positions.

       Guy