RE: State of Virginia Red Oval questions

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Larry Dix
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 2:42 PM

Virginia is using VTS.  Does that have any bearing on your responses in regards to how GEMS handles this.

I don't recall exactly how VTS handled red ovals on seperate plates other than to know that it has been done.  There were some scripts/drivers or something that made the postscript mods and split out the plates.  I don't know if they have been used in recent history (anyone who has raise their hand).

Alternately, most print-shops are capable of manually playing with the postscript themselves, Greg accounts being the canonical example.

So long as the ovals are within spec (color, thickness) they can create the artwork pretty much any way they like.

Ken