RE: VA Cert test

Ask the state to designate another location.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of
Cathy Colgan
Sent: October 01, 2001 9:29 AM
To: Support
Cc: Pickett, Robert
Subject: VA Cert test

VA certification for GEMS. the state designated 2 localities Isle of wight
and Portmouth.  I assigned Jane the two county's for GEMS.  Friday she came
and asked my what equipment they have so she could download and test cards.
I called Steve Ricke for a verification of what equipment they have and it
is Infra Red 192G.  GEMS DOES NOT support this firmware version.  We're Ok
in Isle of Wight they have 194W.

Their ballots are printed.  I thought at first maybe we could reprogram in
VTS, line up the ovals be okay,,,but the Code on the bottom of the ballot
are different.  I don't know if there is anything KEN/TAB can do to help or
if this means we have to reprogram in VTS and reprint ballots...Not Good!!!