RE: One for anyone who Understands Networking

> From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of
> Kerry Martin
>
> The Question:
>
> 	Why did this change?  The server was off limits to the
> staff, and...

Because someone touched it.  It can't change on its own.

Or poltergeists.

> Would this in someway cause the RAS to work so slowly?

Hard to answer for sure, but if deleting the entries fixed your problem,
then it would appear so.  Read:  there wasn't something else changed that
really fixed the problem.  If you set the DNS setting back the way they
were, is it slow again?  It would be good to know.

If it is, then I would guess that the DNS name lookup is making a best
(seven minute) effort at finding the name.  Deleting the entries makes the
lookup fail immediately, and the IP address is used.  This is all just
speculation though.

Ken