RE: GEMS Audit Log - Ability to clear entries

You are correct, you can't clear the log.  Adding a "clear" button is easy, but there are too many reasons why doing that is a bad idea.

What Bill should do is create an "election template" database, and build his new elections from that, not from his "last" election.

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 12:34 PM
To: Support Team (E-mail)
Subject: GEMS Audit Log - Ability to clear entries

Bill Bowers of GBS has asked the question whether we can clear or delete the Audit Log in GEMS???  He does backups of old elections, then creates new elections from the old elections.  He wants the log to be clean when he starts over.  I am assuming that this in internal to GEMS and cannot be cleared or deleted, but I just want to get confirmation.

Thanks,

JEFF HINTZ
Global Election Systems