NT Service Pack Updates

I've received several calls over the last couple of weeks from varying counties about problems with their machines.  All of the problems seemed to have a common thread.  And believe it or not they did, most of the machines that were having problems were running on Service Pack 4  or earlier.  This also means that these machines have probably never been updated at all since the machine was installed.  So, I would suggest that if a county you know of is running an antiquated service pack you instruct them to download the new service pack from windowsupdate.microsoft.com and also tell them to download any other pertinent (such as Critical Updates, Root Updates, Security Updates, etc.) updates as well.

Robert