RE: Extra results for Johnson County, KS mock election

Get me the database and a zip of the log directories, and I might be able to do some forensics on it.  Also include a detailed explanation of what you mean by "extra".  What were the results you got, what did you expect, and why.

Reproducing this should be made a priority.  There is a good chance the database and logs won't glean anything, as Jeff has already tried that.  This isn't something we will want happening election night.

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 3:32 PM
To: Support Team
Subject: Extra results for Johnson County, KS mock election

Johnson County, KS had a mock election last week and we encountered extra results when we did the final reporting.  However, I have not been able to reproduce it, nor track it down.

This is what they did.  They have 2 Servers that are both networked together.  1 is used for the Election Day Voting-(AVTS), and the other 1 is used for Paper Absentee-(AVOS-Central Count) and Early Voting-(AVTS).  However, they have set up the Paper Absentee & Early Voting as a Region, then when they are done counting the Paper Absentee & Early Voting, they transfer those totals from that Region to the Main database.  We scanned the Paper Absentee and loaded up the Early Voting totals on the Server set up as the Region.  We then transferred those results over to the Main Server with the Main database on it.  When we printed out results, we had extra results within the Paper Absentee counter group.  However, on the other Server set up as the Region, the Paper Absentee results were correct.  We did not print out a Zero Report from the Main Server with the Main database before we transferred the results from the Region, however within the Audit Log, it does show that the Main database was Reset, which should have set all totals to Zero.

Does anyone have any idea what might have happened here???

I can get both the Main & Region database from them, along with any logs if needed.

Jeff