Fw: Ballot Colors shifting

The color variation in Placer may not be as bad as first reported to me.  Speaking with the person directly at the warehouse, the report is more of slight variation of color in the red ovals.  Testing thru the AccuVote may be the only way to confirm that ovals are oK.  Any other ideas?  The customer does not have a "reflective densitometer" to determine exactly what pantone color variation we have here.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 11:01 AM
Subject: Ballot Colors shifting

Ryan called me from Placer a few minutes ago.  The color tint is varying significantly on the ballots.  This is not a surprise, as John Elder and I discussed this on Thursday of last week.  What is a surprise is that the red oval color is shifting and includes red, orange, and pink.  It is critical that we know that the oval color is invisible to the AccuVote.  Several million ballots are being printed in California.  If there is a pantone shift occuring in the red, pink, orange spectrum, could we potentially have problems?

Steve Knecht
Diebold Election Systems
415-893-9941 office   415-893-9951 fax
415-225-6591 cell