RE: Request for FTP Naming Conventions

For what it is worth, it looks like the ftp site is being taken away from us for real and perceived security reasons.  We will see that whatever replaces its function will have a more effective naming convention.

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com] On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 12:45 PM
To: Global Support
Subject: Request for FTP Naming Conventions

Picky item: I am requesting that we shorten the filenames on the ftp site down to 23 charachters so we can see a full filename description when we log into the web site.  If you have a string of filenames the same and can't see the last characters that distinguish the version number, it is a bit of a hassel gifuring out which one is the one you want.  Thanks.

Steve Knecht
Diebold Election Systems
415-893-9941 office   415-893-9951 fax
415-225-6591 cell