Re: VIBS Voter Card Encoding Problem?

Prior to changing this, can we have some open discussions prior to making everything hidden.  There are some advantages to a wide number of voters to have vibs capability while they are still able to vote the ballot by touching it.  I'm just asking for discussion on this prior to making a software change.  Can the Spyrus be made to have Hidden and Displayed vibs?
----- Original Message -----
To: Support
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 6:24 PM
Subject: VIBS Voter Card Encoding Problem?

During GA Training today, created a VIBS Voter Card by using the * method on the Encoder. Inserted into machine in Election Mode and heard audio ballot but screen was not hidden. Did not have a keyboard or headphone attached – none available.

Is this the expected behavior? Did I leave out a step to make the screen go blank while voting the audio ballot? Possibly programmed Encoder improperly?

Mark Earley

850 422-2100 - office/fax

850 322-3226 - cell