RE: Permanent Absentee Voters

Thanks for the response, Ken.

These counties are not using precinct Ids on there ballot, so using the ballot style that happens to be the same from report precinct 5151 will allow those votes to be processed via Absentee without attributing back to the Report Precinct. So, at least that is not an issue unless I am mistaken.

I still have the problem of entering the voter registration numbers into somewhere that will only reflect in the county totals, not a specific report precinct.

If that is an impossibility, I may just advise them to create a “dummy” report precinct at the end of the list and label it Permanent Absentee. They can either separate the absentee ballots from these voters and feed them thru the memory card from this dummy precinct, or just feed them thru the absentee machine. I will point out that if the latter option is chosen, zeroes will show up in the results fields for the dummy precinct. If either of these options is used, then the concerns in paragraph one will be moot.

I am still open to suggestions.

BTW, the history of this is that in VTS 1.92, you could enter voter registration totals directly into the absentee precincts. That is how these permanent absentees were handled then.

Mark Earley

850 422-2100 - office/fax

850 322-3226 - cell