Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 9:29 AM
Subject: JoCoKs: two separate GEMS election DB question

JOHNSON COUNTY KANSAS
TUESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2002 ELECTION DAY

GEMS 1.17.22
BS 4.1.11
AVOS cc2.00G

TWO ELECTION DATABASES/SAME ELECTION DATE/SAME GEMS SERVER/DIFFERENT ELECTION IDs:
    (1) Primary Election (R/D/NP)
    (2) Addendum SBoE3 Election (R/D)

QUESTION:  Can we on the same GEMS server workstation

(1) UPLOAD Eday Poll AVTS Primary Election cards from 3 AVTS units to Primary DB

AND

(2) SCAN from one assigned scanner, Eday Poll AVOS Addendum SBoE3 Ballots to the Addendum DB simultaneosly?

OR

Should we set up a separate GEMS workstation for the Addendum SBoE3 Election DB tied directly to the one scanner?
We are opting for this separate scenario unless I get info to the contrary from support group.

Time is of the essence.  Thanks.  Lesley Thompson, Project Manager