RE: Voter Access Cards/Spyrus encoder

If we drop the routine, then the old manager cards will just act like a (blank) voter card.  That is, no message will come up, and they can’t be used to reload the voter card encoder.  The VCE would be happy to (re)program them with whatever slot is selected.  This is of course exactly what Don would want for his cards that are being misinterpreted as manager cards, but could be confusing for folks with old manager cards.

From: owner-support@gesn.com [mailto:owner-support@gesn.com] On Behalf Of Ian S. Piper
Sent:
Tuesday, August 13, 2002 11:29 AM
To: support@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: Voter Access Cards/Spyrus encoder

Can we just drop support for field upgrading old supervisor cards with the

Spyrus and if any Supervisor cards need upgrading, send them into the

McKinney depot?

Or will removing that routine in the Spyrus just mean that something else

will come up in its place when the user uses one of these cards?

Ian