GEMS - Multi language ballot printing

If languages will take different spacing, will it be up to a human sitting
at a terminal to match the spacing from ballot to ballot?  Or will there be
some automated help from GEMS in showing which races are not lining up.  I
guess I'm making an assumption that oval positions across ballots will be
required to be the same.  Maybe I'm wrong here.

If they do need to be the same, and there are thousands of styles, like in
King or San Diego or Santa Clara, how will the manual effort be helped by
GEMS?