RE: Maryland Article

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-support@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-support@dieboldes.com] On Behalf Of Sue Page
Sent:
Wednesday, December 18, 2002 6:46 AM

The SBE should not be surprised that the

University of Maryland took a positive survey and put a negative spin on it.

It's not about the product . . . it's "I told you so".

93.4% of respondents thought the system was easy to use, and 90.0% trusted the system to count their vote.  Those are staggering numbers.  I doubt 90% of the populace trust their spouse.

Yet almost the entire ‘study’ was about finding fault, in an attempt to support the inaccurate findings of their previous paper.  I’d call that borderline academic misconduct.  Universities are not supposed to ‘spin’.

Ken