Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 2:44 PM
Subject: Project Management Organization - Announcement

I am very excited to announcement the formation of a Project Management Office (PMO) within the Customer Service organization.  This office will be managed by two very talented associates, Robert Chen and Randy Deabenderfer.  Most of you know Robert and the strong hardware/software and implementation knowledge he brings to this organization.  Randy Deabenderfer is a 20 year plus Diebold Senior Project Manager who is a Professional Project Manager (PMP).  Randy was on loan to the Georgia project and was a key contributor to the success of that project.

The main goals of the PMO organization will be to:

Manage, recruit, motivate, mentor the PM group.
Focus on PMP (Project Mgmt Professional) program/certifications
Drive development & implementation of PM methodologies & common tools & templates
Create Project Management as a marketing differentiation position for DESI!
The initial reporting structure for the Project Management Organization will be as follows:
Randy Deabenderfer
    Sue Page
    Tom Feehan
    Greg Gramig (contract)
    Norma Lyons
    Leslye Thompson
    Keith Long

Robert Chen
    Steve Hodges
    Sophia Lee
    Brian Ansel

Robert and Randy and be working with each other in their individual areas of expertise while at the same time working with myself, Sales and Project Managers to insure we provide "world class" project management & implementation to our customers.  With all of our current projects and the new opportunities we'll be facing in this coming year we cannot afford to miss a beat.

Regards,

Steve Moreland
Director of Customer Service
Diebold Election Systems, Inc.