RE: Instant Runnoff voting

It is not on the development radar at the moment.  I did 90% of an IR/PR client side implementation for AVTS.  It was the “real thing”, not a dummy up, but I must concede the client side part is the easy part.

We have precinct based optical scan that works with VTS in Cambridge.  It would need a re-write before it interacted with GEMS.  Then there is the high speed central count project that can’t yet count first pass the post, so IR is a ways off there as well.

Nothing done at all in GEMS.  The server side is where the real work in IR/PR voting lies.

From: owner-support@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-support@dieboldes.com] On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 9:59 PM
To: support@dieboldes.com
Subject: FW: Instant Runnoff voting

What is status of GEMS op scan IR voting and the status of touch screen.  We did dummy up something for Santa Clara.  This is another of those "coming soon" items, that will need to be part of GEMS and incorporated into touch screen and optical scan.

Dave Elliot is SOS office certification person for state of Washington.  Would anyone in support repond TO ME please, NOT to Dave directly, regarding our status with IR voting.  I will respond to Dave.

Thanks.

Steve