Oregon HS-CC Certification

I have just been formally asked to run the certification tests of high-speed central count (HS-CC) for Oregon.  From now on please use the support list to discuss this so that we’re all on the same page.  I report to Tab and it’s important that he be kept in the loop whenever R&D staff is involved.

For those who haven’t heard, HS-CC and voter registration are the final pieces needed to sell election systems in Oregon.  While HS-CC isn’t in a form ready for use by customers, we are in a position where we need to demonstrate its ability.  The Vancouver office is currently rewriting the HS-CC prototype in order to meet the needs of its various customers.  The new product is to be known as Central Tally System (CTS) and we are trying to have this new system ready for certification and delivery this spring.

I’m going to attempt to summarize who’s doing what.  Please correct me where I’m wrong and fill in missing details if you can.

Currently the HS-CC system that we had set up for hardware testing in Canton is on route to our office in Everett Washington for delivery tomorrow.  I am to go down on Wednesday to set it up.  It is then to be shipped down to the Oregon certification site where it will need to be set up again and re-tested.

Frank and Dana are organizing this: