From: owner-support@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-support@dieboldes.com] On Behalf Of Jessica Hiner
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 3:17 PM
To: support@dieboldes.com
Subject: Challenge Board

This week a potential customer asked if we were able to provide the same functionality inside of GEMS that a competitor provided in their software.  I do not know the name of the competitor, but I will do my best to describe the function they are interested in.  Please let me know if this is something we have ever considered or reviewed for GEMS…

When the review board encounters a provisional ballot that has been cast and the voter was authorized to vote, but the ballot they cast was for the wrong precinct.  The correct ballot would have contained some of the races (jurisdiction wide races and possibly others) but not all.  Is there a way to identify the ballot they should have voted and use the database to compare the two and automatically accept votes for the races they should have voted in and reject the votes for the races they should not have voted in.

I hope that was clear?
Thanks,

Jessica Hiner
Office Phone: 330-966-3740