RE: GEMS 1.7.5 recount

Activating the Program Memory Cards console and queueing one of the applicable vote centers (ie. Joshua, Johnson) either before or after starting the port generates an internal error.
You left out a pretty important detail of this election: it has a straight party race.  If you recount a race that is controlled by a straight party race, then you (obviously) have to recount the straight party race too.

I'd certainly agree, this a bug.  We should prevent them from doing this in the reporting set dialog.  Unfortunately reporting sets are used for report filtering as well as recounts, so it would take a lot of interface changes to prevent the user from making this mistake.  Recounts are rare enough that its not worth it.  Better to document how to recount straight party elections in the GEMS guide.  I will change the program memory cards dialog to report the error "Missing Endorsement Race" instead of just giving an internal error.

Ken