RE: Gems (Version 1-10-3) & AccuVote-TS (Version 3-5-2)

> On the AccuVote-TS: 1) Why did we take out the System Total -
> this is useful to the customer for maintenance purposes, and I
> don't know if it is a requirement by FEC??

Because shortly there will be only one election active on the machine at one
time (like the AccuVote), so Election Total and System Total are equivalent.

> 2) Why did we take
> out Counter Check - this helps verify if there has been some sort
> change or error between the main drive and secondary drive??

Interestingly enough, that is not what the "Counter Check" did.  It checked
the number of ballots in the *primary* results folder against the
"PublicCounter" registry entry.  The registry entry has now been eliminated.

Previously (1.1.3), when the main and secondary drive didn't match, the
ballot station app would abort with a fatal error, and the error log reports
the mismatch.  This should still be the case.  Let us know if it isn't.

> 3) When I go to transfer results, All the Reporting Units are
> highlighted and I am not able to Select or Change to individual
> Reporting Units.

Right.  User intervention should not be needed by the election administrator
to print election night reports (as with the AccuVote).  The dialog box will
be eliminated eventually.  There does need to be some clean up here
though -- giving the ability to print summary and detail reports like the
AV.  We are working on this now.

> In Gems: 1) After printing and then transferring totals to Gems,
> the totals coming from the TS are correct, but there are no
> totals for Candidates in both the Summary and SOVC reports in
> Gems.  However, the totals for Ballots Cast are correct.

Okay, I will try to reproduce it.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Ken