TS and DAO

Title:

When installing AVTSIS 3.9.x on clean Windows, you will probably run into trouble with Data Access Objects.  The install appears to succeed, and the ballot station application will start.  However, when you "Start Election", you will get a fatal error and "Error Opening Data Access Objects:  Unable initialize DAO/JetDBEngine" in the audit log.

Mike has found a work around for the problem;  install the DAO SDK (Software Development Kit).  This is apparently what was done for Riverside.  It is unfortunate that there was no subsequent bug report.

Unfortunately the DAO SDK is not redistributable;  AFAIK, you need to have a VC6 license in install DAO SDK.  We are working on the problem and will post an update when we have a fix.

Ken