Re: 1-14-8 gems "An election with the same identifier is already open"

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Clark <ken@dieboldes.com>
To: Bugs <bugtrack@dieboldes.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 1:20 PM
Subject: RE: 1-14-8 gems "An election with the same identifier is already open"

Why does the system give the message" An election with the same identifier is already open ."when in fact there is no election open and Gems is not running on the Task Manager?

Under "Applications" or under "Processes"?  applications
Could it be that Gems has not shut down all the way?

Yes.  GEMS will be in the task manager though.  The error message actually means something is preventing the poster log file from being opened exclusively.
This has happened several times and all I can do is say ok and start gems again

Can you reproduce it?  yes  on my laptop and Santa Barbara can too- they just did
they were running central count - didn't stop - were printing reports (summary by precinct) got thrown out of gems completely - back to desktop - went to open gems again and got the message above -  said ok- tried again and got in

Ken