RE: AVTS-3.13.1.4 - Los Angelas database - Zero Report - Out of Memory

From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Guy Lancaster
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 4:32 PM

 Does this mean that you're working on it Ken?

That is, unfortunately, a loaded question, which I refuse to answer under the fifth amendment (1).

I remember similar overnight report runs in VTS that later, with a little tweaking, ran faster than the printer could print.  I know that Ken hates these comparisons but the similarity gives it a nostalgic feeling...  ;-)

No its a fair comparison.  Actually, the IMARK code used to take a couple of hours just to load El Paso TX before we rewrote it the first time (think Tarrent).   And yes that kind of performance hacking is pretty fun when its achievable.

Ken
(1)  Not sure if expatriate Canadians get to do that or not, but I am pleading it anyway.