Re: Precincts Reporting is inconsistent between Gems Summary Report & JResultClient

You have to check the box in the reports that says use polling counters only-  not a bug -
Tari
----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Hintz
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 12:46 PM
Subject: Precincts Reporting is inconsistent between Gems Summary Report & JResultClient

Wyndotte County, KS had their City Primary Election this past Tuesday.  They have 159 Report Precincts, and also have two seperate Counter Groups, (Absentee & Challenged), with all Report Precincts.  They had in 156 out of 159 Report Precincts, since they were waiting for those last 3 Report Precincts to come in, they decided to upload their Absentee & Challenged Report Precincts.  When they did this, the Summary Report in Gems stated that there were 159 out of 159 Report Precincts reporting.  However, within JResultClient, it still stated that there were only 156 out of 159 Report Precincts, but the totals for each race did update correctly.  Is this a bug in Gems, a bug in JResultClient, or both???   This not only made it confusing for the person running Gems, when the Summary Report was released it did not match what JResultClient was reporting.

They are running Gems 1.11.8.  But I did try it out on Gems 1.17.11 and with the JResultClient that I installed with the GEMSIS-1-17-2, and I get the same result.

Jeff Hintz
Global Election Systems